Bedfordshire Lymphoedema are happy to announce that clients can now come to the clinic in Wilstead and use a Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Pump (Lymph Flow).
Come to the Happy Body Project, Wilstead to experience the Lymph Flow (Haddenham Healthcare).
You can have a snooze, work or catch up on box sets from your IPAD while you sit/ lie back and drain....
What is Intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC)?
Intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) is a compression pump device which mimics manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), a form of massage that increases lymph drainage in arms or legs.
What can a compression pump help with?
- The management of Lymphoedema and Lipoedema
- Faster recovery from surgery
- Helps with Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Reduce the risk of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- Water Retention and detox
- Helps with some venous problems
- Encourages wound healing (especially venous ulcers)
(Always consult your GP or your consultant before starting any Intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) treatment)
Find out more by messaging us on WhatsApp or calling us on 07961 548 495.